Gibson Girl Publishing Company (GGPC) is accepting complete, original, unpublished manuscripts that have already been professionally edited. We will consider all genres of fiction except for erotica and children's picture books. If your work fits the stated criteria, please feel free to submit it, adhering to the guidelines below. We will only review submissions that include all of the requested information.
GGPC invests fully in its authors; therefore, it is important that you submit only your best work for consideration. While we reserve the right not to, we will contact you within sixty days regarding our interest. Please do not contact GGPC by email, phone, or social media to inquire about your submission. Thank you in advance for your patience and choosing Gibson Girl Publishing Company.
FICTION – Submit the following items in the body of one email:
- A professional query letter (3 paragraphs) in the body of the email.
- The first three chapters (double spaced) in body of the email.
Email submissions to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Subject Line: Submission (Fiction)
After thorough review, GGPC will extend invitations to submit a full manuscript via email within the 60 days following the end of the submission period. This does not imply a contract offer. It simply means we want to read more before making a final decision. Please follow the instructions below if we request your full manuscript.
All solicited manuscripts must include:
- Title Page
- Completed Manuscript (Approximately 65,000-100,000 words)
- 8.5” x 11” Word document
- 12-point Times New Roman
- Double Spaced with 1 inch margins all around
- Chapter headings: 14-point, Bold, Times New Roman
- Double spaces between chapter number/title and text
- Marketing/Promotion Plan (three page maximum, refer to the great resources available online)
Email solicited manuscript to: email@example.com
Subject Line: Full Manuscript
NONFICTION – Agent Submissions Only
Email full proposal to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Subject Line: Nonfiction Proposal
*Subject to change